Vitamins + Nutrition Counseling

Vitamins + Nutrition Counseling

Vitamins and Nutrition

Individualized supplement guidance and diet counseling.

Supplements for a Balanced Diet

There’s a lot of debate out there about supplementing with vitamins. You may think, why do we need to if we have a healthy diet? Or maybe you take a multi and call it good. The truth is, even with healthy, diverse diets, we don’t get all the micronutrients we need because most of our food has been processed or modified in some way. And if the food hasn’t, usually the soil has. And that’s where the food we eat gets its nutrients from.

Another issue to note is that not all supplements are made equally. Did you know that the industry standard is that what’s advertised as being in that little capsule only has to be 70% of what it’s claiming to be? That leaves 30% for fillers, additives and preservatives. And not only that, but sometimes the probiotics you’re consuming aren’t even alive still and the vitamin you’re swallowing might not be bioavailable to be absorbed. The companies aren’t required to make sure it’s live or absorbable.

Your body will also undergo many hormonal changes. One of the hormones that will increase due to pregnancy is called relaxin. Relaxin is a regularly occurring hormone in our systems but at generally low levels. During your first trimester, this hormone will spike and then remain fairly consistent for the rest of your pregnancy. The whole purpose of this hormone is to do exactly what its name says and relax structures in your body such as your uterine wall and ligaments of the pelvis, all with the intent of creating more space for your baby.

That’s why supplementing with trusted vitamin companies that invite independent audits of their products is so important. We only carries two lines in our office because those two companies hold themselves to the highest standards in this industry.

Designs for Health has been around for decades. They are a trusted company that invites an independent audit of their supplements and has also moved to all glass bottles.

Xymogen holds itself to a 97% rate for their vitamins! That’s the highest in the industry. That also means you don’t need to take as much to get the same effect as other brands. And you can rest assured that what you’re taking is almost 100% what it says on that label.

If you’re interested in a more specific analysis of what YOUR body needs, we offer nutritional testing. This is a blood test where the lab tests the most common foods, oils, and spices with your blood and rates the reactions from none to severe. The analysis gives us recommendations for supplements based on your specific blood work, as well as a list of foods for you to limit or avoid, which can be a lot easier and quicker than an elimination diet.

Contact Accelerate Health today for expert nutritional and vitamin counseling in Denver.

Accelerate Health has two locations to better serve you

Your well being comes first with us, and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to get the treatments you need to get out of pain and start feeling your best again.

That’s why we offer two locations in the Denver area for your convenience:

Denver

600 Grant St. Suite 202, Denver, CO 80203​​

Visit Denver Location

Lakewood

2599 Wadsworth Blvd Lakewood, CO 80214

Visit Lakewood Location

Accepted Insurances

We accept most insurances, as well as Care Credit, a health care credit card. We are in-network with the following companies:

We're Here to Help

See what our patients have to say about Accelerate Health Denver.

NEW DENVER LOCATION

Our Denver office has moved.

Expect the same great care…
plus more parking!

We’re just a few blocks away at:
600 Grant St. Suite 202, Denver, Co 80203

Note: Our Lakewood office location has not changed

We’ll see you soon!